Monday, April 21, 2014

MY COLLABORATION WITH RAYGUN: SPRING/SUMMER 2014 KID'S LINE.

                         

Hi you guys, if you follow me on instagram you probably saw a tiny sneak peek video that I posted a couple weeks ago with my collaboration with RAYGUN, well is finally time to show you more and tell you a little bit of the story behind it.

I had the pleasure of meeting Raygun's buyer Lucy Shay a couple years ago when I was part of AIFS 2012, I have huge admiration for her she is just the coolest person I have ever met, I guess you can say that I kind of develop a girl crush on her.  

We talk a few times about me designing a kids line but never really got any further than a conversation because I always think about the BUT before anything like yes, it will be awesome BUT I don't have the money or BUT I don't have the money always BUT, until the day that I reached out to her and told her that I couldn't get the idea out of my mind anymore.

We had a couple meetings where I show her sketches and we talk about what she was looking for the store after a few days I became to the conclusion that I didn't have the kind of cash that is need it to design and create a whole collection, one more conversation by email and we decided that a very simple collaboration would work better.

Of course I was a little disappointed that I couldn't do everything that I had sketch and dream off but after talking to Lucy and my husband I realized that it was actually great because I could use the money and save up so I can design my dream collection in the next couple months.

See for a lot of people it's probably a very small collaboration, but for me that my dream has always been to create it's a HUGE collaboration, for many reasons, the first one it's because Lucy believe in me, the second one it's because for the first time ever something that I made with my own hands in my dinning room table is being sold and a real store and the third one that my husband help me to push my fears aside so I could do what I love.

After many, well exactly two weeks of staying up very late hand printing every single pair of leggings and dresses in my dinning room table I met my deadline.

The day I took the clothes to Raygun was the best effing day ever, it was the first time that I felt like I was finally living my dream.

So if you live in the Des Moines area you should head over Raygun and maybe buy something cute for your little ones.


   





















Before I leave you for today, I would love to thank Nikole and her husband from Harlo Photography for taking the time to take these awesome photos of my monsters, thank you soooo much guys!! also my husband for staying up with me every night and for believing in my dreams as much as I do and of course Raygun for being the best store in the universe.


If you would like to buy both of the shirts Luca is wearing you can find them here.




No comments:

Post a Comment