Friday, June 27, 2014

ONE YEAR ADVENTURE...



 Amner and I have always wanted something else out of life not just your typical big house with two garages, the latest phone or the latest car not that there is anything wrong with the “American dream” as we immigrants called it, but we just always knew there was something more out there and that’s exactly what we wanted for our family so that’s where the pursue of a more simple, mindful life started and this blog.

Today our blog turns one, exactly a year ago I wrote a short post introducing myself and my family, a year ago I had no hair (well a pixie), my children were babies, my relationship with my husband was rocky, a year ago I live in a big green house with orange doors, a year ago I was unhappy with the mother I was becoming, a year ago this adventure started and you started to tag along with us.

This year has wrecked me in every way. By far the hardest and equally the most incredible year of my life. I feel as if I’ve been turned upside down, emptied and filled back up. I’m stronger and more content than I ever could have imagined and from the bottom of my heart I want to thank you for all of your support and comments, thanks for keep reading even though our blog has a silly name and it doesn’t have all of the fancy graphic design that other blogs have, you may dear readers are the effing best :)

I know my posting schedule has been a bit sporadic over the past few weeks but I promise you, it has only been because I want to only write about things that I actually cared about, I want to find my own voice and it has been a challenge since we are now ruled by social media and of course blogs, it has not been an easy thing but I promise you that is going to happen, I promise you that I would stay true to myself and I will be original.

I want my blogging mantra to always be focus on what I love, so stay a little longer with me. Things are going to get better I now have long hair, my relationship with my husband is pretty awesome most of the times, my children are not babies they are 3 ½ years old getting ready to go to preschool, I now feel like a great mother, we now live in a little two bedroom apartment, we still have the same crappy car but our house it’s full, full of love and hope for whatever comes next.


CHEERS TO ANOTHER WONDERFUL YEAR!!


Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment